Jotul 3TDIC warped baffle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Posting for new member @Asel

Hi, I looked through the forum and found that it’s mostly you who answers about Jotul wood stoves and I was wondering if you could help me? We have recently purchased a Jotul 3TDIC-2AP without doing any research, and found it not as spacious as we thought it would be. We owned a Jotul #3 before and figured it would be the same. The problem with this one is the top baffle is really warped and I was wondering if I could just remove it for now, until we get a new one early next year. Would it damage the stove? I clearly have very little idea about wood stoves and would appreciate any help!

77FC443A-3762-407C-963E-330C75B55D7C.jpg

It really should have the baffle and any other warped or burned out components replaced. Continuing to burn in this condition will only extend damage to the stove, potentially leading it to become worthless.

It really should have the baffle and any other warped or burned out components replaced. Continuing to burn in this condition will only extend damage to the stove, potentially leading it to become worthless.
We have found one online and will be ordering soon. We replaced the gaskets and everything else seems to be in a good shape.
Thank you!