Jotul 550 Rockland Installation Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little update. Been burning pretty well. I had some stonework done to make the insert look flush and to fill some gaps in the mortar on the sides. Here is a little video of the 550 burning. Would like to hear if this looks like what other wood burners, particularly 550 owners, experience. Is how the secondaries look on the 550? Things lok right to you? This is as hot as I run so far and it seems to be putting out good heat.

This is my 15th or so burn. I feel like I am getting the hang of it, but I am still trying to find the sweet spot where the temps should be. Damper is 85% closed and it is keeping the 1st floor (1300 sq. ft.) of the house at about 70 degrees and about 13 degrees outside.

Filmed at cruising speed....

Pipe Temp. from laser thermo: 650-700 depending on the location of the laser hitting the pipe.

Blower Vent Temp. from Rutland magnetic thermo at top center of blower vent: 570

Filmed on iPod Touch

vector1701 said:
Little update. Been burning pretty well. I had some stonework done to make the insert look flush and to fill some gaps in the mortar on the sides. Here is a little video of the 550 burning. Would like to hear if this looks like what other wood burners, particularly 550 owners, experience. Is how the secondaries look on the 550? Things lok right to you? This is as hot as I run so far and it seems to be putting out good heat.

This is my 15th or so burn. I feel like I am getting the hang of it, but I am still trying to find the sweet spot where the temps should be. Damper is 85% closed and it is keeping the 1st floor (1300 sq. ft.) of the house at about 70 degrees and about 13 degrees outside.

Filmed at cruising speed....

Pipe Temp. from laser thermo: 650-700 depending on the location of the laser hitting the pipe.

Blower Vent Temp. from Rutland magnetic thermo at top center of blower vent: 570

Filmed on iPod Touch

Looks great to me. The secondary tubes sit up high in the 550, it takes a stretch to see the secondaries firing off. That looks so good in that room. I hope you moved the TV and stuff out of the way and let the hearth own that wall. That brown enamel is nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.