Jotul 602

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mattmac

May 25, 2020
Tasmania Australia
I purchased this S/H jotul 602 wood heater recently in Tasmania - Unfortunately the flu surround had some cracks so got a friend to repair/weld - I’m just putting back together with new sealing rope but now I can’t remember how those 3 internal pieces(See pic) are arranged? Also is there meant to be firebricks or similar on the base? Thanks matt

1590382257889.png1590382258320.png1590382258135.png

Was stove or furnace cement used on the seams before putting it together? That is essential. The stove is not a Jotul 602. Most likely it is a Taiwan copy. Casting quality and parts fitting on these knockoffs were often not up to Jotul standards.

In the F602. the side burn plates go in first, then the baffle goes in on top of them, the arch conforms to go around the rear flue exit. I'm not sure if this will be the same in this stove, but here is a parts diagram for the F602.
Jotul 602 parts.jpg

Great thanks for info - are you sure this isn’t a genuine jotul wood heater
I did a little snooping. It's definitely a knockoff. There were a lot of them in the early 80s. Scandia was the largest copier. Jotul sued and shut them down. This is a Scandia 180.

Reactions: Mattmac and Alpine1