Jotul F500 side door hinge pin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Zoso2385

Nov 4, 2018
Southeastern, Ct
Hi,
I am in my 2nd season with my Oslo and have noticed every 2-3days the top hinge pin on the side loading door has walked out by 1/8 - 3/16" and I have to tap it back down. Looks like just knurled pin. I found the replacement pin online. Would just replacing this pin fix the minor issue or is it something I have to live with. The door feels tight otherwise
Hinge Pin.JPG

Hmm......never noticed mine moving. And don't recall them being knurled. Do you have the brass washer, 37. It doesn't appear to be shown in the correct position. It goes under the hinge pivot on the door.

Hmm......never noticed mine moving. And don't recall them being knurled. Do you have the brass washer, 37. It doesn't appear to be shown in the correct position. It goes under the hinge pivot on the door.
On my stove the upper hinge does not have a brass washer, the lower hinge does between the door hinge and the body hinge

Attachments

• 8800491D-AE3D-4DE8-BF33-C46CFD3C39F9.jpeg
    8800491D-AE3D-4DE8-BF33-C46CFD3C39F9.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 123