Jotul f500 used value

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JerryT

Oct 27, 2010
SW Missouri
There is one of these for sale on an online auction site in my area. Starting bid is 400.00 and was wonder what the used value would be for one of these? I did see that new ones are in the 2300.00 range. Not sure of the age of this one or condition as I've not seen it, only pics. Looks to be in good shape but pics can be deceiving.

Age and condition are going to have a lot of influence on the value/price. You'd want to be absolutely sure there is no signs of overfiring or using the ash pan door for start up air. This requires close inspection of the base around where the ash grate fits in, and for warping of the grate. My preference would be for direct personal inspection.

I picked up Used Oslo for $500 a few months back.I did a thorough inspection and found a crack in the base as the previous poster stated.I ordered a new base for $400 and replaced it myself with the help of a forklift.Resealed the base with refractory cement and gave it a paint job and now basically have a new Oslo for $900.I think you will make out good on your Oslo as long as you can get a good deal on it!Good luck!

I'm trying to sell mine. It's 2005. used for about 5 years. Looks to be in good condition, never gave us any problems. We just decomissioned it because we moved out of state. What would a good price for it be?

Attachments

• wood heater.jpg
    wood heater.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 104