Jotul identification...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ponderosa77

Nov 24, 2015
UT
What model of Jotul stove is this and what are the specs?:
jotul.jpg

It looks a little like this:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/media/xmas.1127/

Maybe a Model 8? Is there a number in the oval on the side? Can you post a larger picture?

Looks like a 3 or an 8, which predate the E.P.A. reg.s. No catalyst, easy to maintain, and great heaters! Jotul's enamel holds up well too. Nice unit.

I agree, looks like a 3 or an 8. I have the 8 in red, it's really a great stove. Gets up to temp super fast, burns very well, if loaded up at 11-12, I have plenty of coals in the morning and just need to throw some small splits on to get it going again. Also when run properly, burns surprisingly cleanly. Can be top or rear vented, plenty of parts still available online if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.