jotul screen door??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

argus66

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Dec 9, 2007
central coastal nj
hey anyone else use the screen door on there stoves, my house id small 900 sq ft so when house is into the upper 80s i use the screen door to cool down a little and i really dig the sound of the wood crackling and i even smell it a little but my draft is so good that doesn't happen often. i clean pipe 2 times a yr so build up is not a worry . seems this yr im really into the screen door last few yrs i never touched it. anyone else use it?

It seems only a few use it.

Once the weather cools off, the draft gets better for our setup. I've kicked around getting one so we could use it when we're downstairs watching TV.

We used it on the F3CB exactly twice. Once to try it out and a second time to justify my spending the extra buck on it.

I contemplated a screen awhile back for my Oslo, I think it was for asthetic reasons more than anything. When I do have the door open for a short while I remain in the room then close the door when I leave. I would probably never ever get one unless I was maybe using a fireplace.

I have one for the 3cb- and used it 1x in the last year. My wife wanted to so she could "smell and feel" the fire better. I think it burns through too much wood so I don't ever use it and we paid $99 for it.

Hehheh . . . that screen has got to be a big seller for folks who don't come here to hearth.com. I know that screen was on my short list of accessories to buy before I started reading how actual buyers here had succumbed to the allure of using their woodstove like a fireplace, bought the screen and then used it once or twice before sticking it in their garage. After reading their reports I figured I could find something much more useful to spend my $100 on . . . such as a chimney brush, stove tools, etc.

I figure I may not hear as much of the sound of the crackling fire (but I hear enough), the view is still pretty darn good with the glass and as for smell about the only thing I really want to smell coming from my woodstove is the smell of the potpourri simmering on the stove top . . . add in the fact that the real reason I bought the stove was for the heat and well . . . I don't rue the fact that I didn't buy the screen.

I figure I may not hear as much of the sound of the crackling fire (but I hear enough), the view is still pretty darn good with the glass and as for smell about the only thing I really want to smell coming from my woodstove is the smell of the potpourri simmering on the stove top . . . add in the fact that the real reason I bought the stove was for the heat and well . . . I don't rue the fact that I didn't buy the screen.[/quote]

I understand the fact that the main use of the stove is for the heat, but we all know the wood stove offers a little more.

Mine is for sale! F3CB. Never used. PM me...

im in here a lot, mine came with the stove i like it when the house gets real hot.

we live in the south. I use it 10 times a year. Use it on those 50 degree fall nights when a true stove would run us out. THat said, I probably would not buy one...

ncmallard78 said:
we live in the south. I use it 10 times a year. Use it on those 50 degree fall nights when a true stove would run us out. THat said, I probably would not buy one...

Good point. Can you add your location to your profile and the stove make/model to your signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.