JOTUL Series 8 door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rangeroad

Apr 15, 2016
Canada
This is my first wood stove, and I’ve been loving its simplicity and ability to put out good heat for our cabin. Ran into a slight glitch when I replaced the door gasket. I just noticed that a small piece of the new gasket has broke off, approx 2”. Not sure what what I might’ve done wrong, I feel I used enough cement. How bad would it be to continue using with these piece missing? Would it warp the door? I’m in Canada and winter has started, stove is constantly running 4-500 for long periods of time.

Might have been a flaw in the gasket or just a cheap replacement? For best fire control replace the gasket with a new one.

It was an Imperial kit with gasket and cement. Are there issues with this brand? It’s the only option in big box stores where I live. Would rather not use it again if it’s regarded as a cheap product.

If you have a local Jotul dealer that has good quality door gasket I would go with that. You can use a decent quality RTV silicone for the gasket cement.