Jotul series 8 rebuild questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Maybe cut plate steel? i did that for a friends Jotul 602 but those did not need to be perfect fits, they just leaned against the sides.

I just got a piece of mild plate and cut 2 rectangle pieces out of it with a grinder.

Have no idea if that would work for the 8?

Yikes looks like $180 or $200 for the cat.

$70 for each side plate maybe, i also saw one for like $57

No the catalyst version but this might help.

Yikes looks like $180 or $200 for the cat.
Yeah the specified cat for that stove is pricey. $255 at woodmans!!

I found a comparable Buck model that is within .125” of all dims of the original…for $165

IMG_1105.png

IDK, but good find. Do they jack up the shipping?

Well… I think it turned out really well. Im having an airflow issue but other than that im pleased.

I went ahead and painted the main body green and clear coated the top and bottom. Thanks for all the help

IMG_1182.jpeg IMG_1125.jpeg IMG_1126.jpeg

Reactions: all night moe
It looks nice.
The stove needs to be on at least 6" tall legs or more.

Wow, lets us know how the paint holds up and how it burns after your rebuild.

Wow, lets us know how the paint holds up and how it burns after your rebuild.
I fired it hotter than i plan to do regularly and the paint stuck so i feel good.

It is burning hot tho and i made a new thread. Will you chime in in if you have any thoughts?

Thank you!

Did you get a new cat or are you burning it without a cat?