Jotul Series 8 mystery part

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TaylorHemlock

Jan 3, 2017
Nashville, TN
I just picked up a Series 8 with the ash pan that is missing the piece in the picture (rear reversible smoke outlet) and cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can buy one of these or, if not, can I fabricate a plate to put over top of it and just use the top outlet? Also, I've seen this part called about 3 different things; can anyone tell me the technical name of it? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 10.36.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 10.36.30 PM.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 172
Go here:

http://jotul.com/us/guides/identify-your-old-jøtul-product-and-user-manuals

Scroll down to the schematic (PX-17)
You will see #53 - Smoke Outlet outer half
& #54 - Smoke Outlet inner half.
The next page (X-18) has the component part break down by item number.
There are a number of colors listed & each has a different part number.
You will have to call your local Jotul dealer for price & availability.
Hope this helps.

Go here:

http://jotul.com/us/guides/identify-your-old-jøtul-product-and-user-manuals

Scroll down to the schematic (PX-17)
You will see #53 - Smoke Outlet outer half
& #54 - Smoke Outlet inner half.
The next page (X-18) has the component part break down by item number.
There are a number of colors listed & each has a different part number.
You will have to call your local Jotul dealer for price & availability.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Daksy. I have since tried tracking this down through two local dealers and neither of them have been able to help. Thinking I'm just going to have to fabricate something, unless someone knows if it's possible to use the outlet on the top of the stove while still being able to make use of the catalyst. I've looked it over pretty well, and it seems like if I use the top outlet, the cat. will be bypassed.