Junk Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nksdad2007

Dec 24, 2009
Central, Maine
Still running the stove to take the chill off at night. Ran out of pellets and the only ones i could find were Inferno's from Lowes. Bought two bags, burned less than half of one and the stove and doors were covered in black. The rest of the bag got vacuumed out and the other bag is going back Monday. Luckily i found some Athens pellets today to get me through. Six bags should take me through the Maine summer. Fall starts in two weeks.

nksdad2007 said:
Still running the stove to take the chill off at night. Ran out of pellets and the only ones i could find were Inferno's from Lowes. Bought two bags, burned less than half of one and the stove and doors were covered in black. The rest of the bag got vacuumed out and the other bag is going back Monday. Luckily i found some Athens pellets today to get me through. Six bags should take me through the Maine summer. Fall starts in two weeks.

Hilarious... I have never burned "Inferno's", but I have burned the Sister Pellet... Pennington Natures Garbage. I couldn't burn them as a shoulder season pellet... Its JUNK... Dirty, No Heat, and... Well, Need I say more?

Burned both, decent shoulder pellet, you guys are wimp's

Pellet-King said:
Burned both, decent shoulder pellet, you guys are wimp's

Too pickey. I ran Penningtons all winter with no problems at all. Still have 4 tons in the basement waiting for next year. When Sams Club cleaned out I cleaned up at under 200 a ton.

I have some Inferno clinkers in my yard from February. If I put pressure on them I might turn them into diamonds!! Are Inferno's made from recycled pallets? I wonder if pellets made from pellets are dirtier in general?

IHATEPROPANE said:
I have some Inferno clinkers in my yard from February. If I put pressure on them I might turn them into diamonds!! Are Inferno's made from recycled pallets? I wonder if pellets made from pellets are dirtier in general?

Hello IHATEPROPANE

I heard that Infernos are made from Recycled Construction materials in their plant in Rumsford Rhode Island.

Actually their web site states recycled wood products? What are recycled wood products??
http://www.infernowoodpellet.com/quality-wood-product/index.html

They are marketed by International Forestry Products from their Sales Office at 1 Patriot Place Foxboro Mass. Home of the New England Patriots. Go Pats!

I believe they are associated with the Kraft Corporation owner Bob Kraft who is also the Patriot's owner.

I tried them and had a problem with the odor from the bag after opening. They burned ok but not alot of heat.

Anyways, I really like the colors on their bag and the sexy ads as shown below. :)

Attachments

• PatsCheerleaderWithInfernos.jpg
    PatsCheerleaderWithInfernos.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 666
  • WPInfernoSc.jpg
    WPInfernoSc.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 654
DexterDay said:
nksdad2007 said:

Hilarious... I have never burned "Inferno's", but I have burned the Sister Pellet... Pennington Natures Garbage. I couldn't burn them as a shoulder season pellet... Its JUNK... Dirty, No Heat, and... Well, Need I say more?

Hello

Well talk about Pennington's wood pellets. They are sold at Walmart stores around here. So a while back the manager said he did not want to take a chance with this ton of Nature's Heat so he told his associate to dump it!

So I stopped and found 4 good bags! Well 3.5. One bag was half good! See pics below!
1st pic is Walmart's Dumpster!!!

Attachments

• FreeHeat 010SC.jpg
    FreeHeat 010SC.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 660
  • FreeHeat 030sc.jpg
    FreeHeat 030sc.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 637
  • WalmartNaturesHeatBeatablePricesSC.jpg
    WalmartNaturesHeatBeatablePricesSC.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 648
As a resident of Rhode Island I would love to describe to you the merits of Inferno, unfortunately there are none.

mix them with okanagans and you get a great burn. That's what I been doing. no more klinkers.

I'm told infernos are made of construction debris....old house pieces, siding, any kind of crap they can crush up and use. This is supposedly why there is bits of color in them...different color paints...nasty if this is true. Supposedly the debris comes from NE Recycling...

I just love my stove! I can burn these here junk pellets no problem. Granted they don't offer top shelf heat, But there OK in the shoulders.

I just finished 2 bags of Natures Choice(which is Inferno's sister pellet). Not alot of heat and the glass was glazed in a few hours. But she burns them fine. I'll end the bragging now! Multifueler's rock! :)

Don2222 said:
DexterDay said:
nksdad2007 said:

Hello

Well talk about Pennington's wood pellets. They are sold at Walmart stores around here. So a while back the manager said he did not want to take a chance with this ton of Nature's Heat so he told his associate to dump it!

So I stopped and found 4 good bags! Well 3.5. One bag was half good! See pics below!
1st pic is Walmart's Dumpster!!!

OMG they get 6 bucks a bag for those crappy pellets???
Vermonters are only 5.75 a bag down the street.
Stay away from those big box stores....crappy pellets at crappy prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.