Just Another Rack!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Earlier this week they forecast -23 to -26 for Monday and Tuesday, I told the wife I would build another rack for the Sugar Maple or Beech. Looks like the coldest weather won't becoming our way.

Size of the rack is four feet long x four feet high x 14.75 wide, looks like we will be filling the other rack with cherry later this afternoon.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2202.jpg
    100_2202.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 504
  • 100_2203.jpg
    100_2203.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 511
30-45mph winds here Sunday and cold going to be a heavy heat load for me.

Nice Rack!

Just switched from poplar to red oak.......... yep, winter's here.

Yes, it looks like a nasty week coming up. Looks like rain is not far from us right now. I would not be surprised if most all of this turns out to be rain and then snow at the very end.

Backwoods Savage said:
Yes, it looks like a nasty week coming up. Looks like rain is not far from us right now. I would not be surprised if most all of this turns out to be rain and then snow at the very end.

Well Sav the wife came home from being away for a day and since I did get most of the work done she decided on making Cherry Cobbler. Looks like we will be eating some during the movie White Christmas.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0800.jpg
    100_0800.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 446
Very nice, but I would recommend moving south, given your temperatures.

zapny said:
Looks like the coldest weather won't becoming our way.
No, it decided to stop over here. -25°C now, going down to -33°C later.

LLigetfa said:
zapny said:
Looks like the coldest weather won't becoming our way.
No, it decided to stop over here. -25°C now, going down to -33°C later.

LLigetfa, what type of wood do you burn when its this cold?

zap

I burn Ash. We call it the Oak of the North.

I envy the size of your racks. I wanted to store much more inside but the wife insisted on a little VC cast iron wood box than can barely hold 0.04 cord (6 cu ft). I have to plan the wood consumption as I bring the wood in and try to layer the right size in the right place so that I have big pieces for overnight when the time comes and small pieces for the morning. More often than not, I have to dig through the box to find what I need at the time.

What I wanted to do was to put in wood elevators that come up through the floor like those cafeteria plate dispensers that pop up another plate when you take one.

Status
Not open for further replies.