Just Built chainsaw work station on wheels.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
This is cool long enough for the 880 with mill on. Should make things a little quicker! (on wheels)

Attachments

• chainsaw caddy.jpg
    chainsaw caddy.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,277
  • caddy.jpg
    caddy.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 463
ain't that what a tailgate is for? lol. Nice workbench, Jay. What kind of wheels? like big pneumatic wheels with castors? that would be super handy.

Danno77 said:
ain't that what a tailgate is for? lol. Nice workbench, Jay. What kind of wheels? like big pneumatic wheels with castors? that would be super handy.

Just ball bearing casters. My s-10 tail gate just don't hit the 880 with mill on! lol I have a saw horse set up for outside but everything other than "wot" will be done in the shop this year. I start the 880,460 and let it idle for a few throw them on the trailer mill till there out of fuel bring back in and start the process over. Got some Awesome hardwood I am milling so every tank of fuel will get a new chain and blown out good with the air com-presser And warm Oil that stuff not flowing well once cold.

so you'll mill indoors? Any of those mill-junkies using an exhaust evacuation system for their shops? I'm picturing a long flexible non-combustible hose that may have a fan to help assist the evacuation of gases. That would be quite a sweet setup. Throw a CO detector in the shop for safety measures and mill-away!

nevermind. I read it again. You are warming up inside and then wheeling outside to mill, right? I still like my inside milling idea.

Danno77 said:
nevermind. I read it again. You are warming up inside and then wheeling outside to mill, right? I still like my inside milling idea.

Yea just idling inside...You will only be running maybe 15min's outside throw the saw's in the trailer and head for the shop. Much Nicer in there! lol Milling a 17 foot long ash next.

Another pic's show the area a little better....

Drill press, work bench, saw bench, air compresser, chain grinder,vise and grinder all together..... Like a drum set.

Attachments

• caddy 1.jpg
    caddy 1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 300
Status
Not open for further replies.