Just wondering..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wg_bent

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Poughkeepsie, NY
I have a theory that draft in a chimney will be greatly increased during periods of high humidity. He Elk would ya go crank up the VC and let me know what you find out? I'd like to get this resolved today, so be sure to get a good rip roaring fire going this evening.

Anyone else on the East coast...feel free to help me get my answer!!!

Is a real pain typing with one hand free and a silver bullit in another flooting around my pool.
Not the biggest fan of Compaq and windows but for $125 this laptopt P3 1000 wireless is not thar bad. Maybe I can get my wife's attention, say honey can you get me another beer?

elkimmeg said:
Maybe I can get my wife's attention, say honey can you get me another beer?

we talk a lot about the "Honey do" list but I like this Honey can list: "honey can you get me another yuengling?"

Elk- have fun in da burgh an nat. sorry I'll be missing you next week.

A..............Well i guess thats a "NO" on the test from ELK . HA!

Warren said:
I have a theory that draft in a chimney will be greatly increased during periods of high humidity. He Elk would ya go crank up the VC and let me know what you find out? I'd like to get this resolved today, so be sure to get a good rip roaring fire going this evening.

Anyone else on the East coast...feel free to help me get my answer!!!

I have always found the opposite. Both heat and humidity slow draft.

Reasons? My guess is that heavy air holds down other air trying to get out of the chimney!

Also, draft is partially the difference between the temps inside and outside.

I find that chimney draft best when it is cold and when the air is light.

Status
Not open for further replies.