Kawasaki Mule 1990 version?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
I might have the oppertunity to buy an older kawasaki mule diesel utv. I am guessing that it is a 1990 version..Any thoughts on waht a fair price is? it is in good condition with probably 900 miles on it or better

No idea on price but will say that I have heard from more than one that these things don't do too well in mud or snow. Seems they get stuck pretty easy. Not sure if they've improved on that or not, but a 1990 version might also have that defect. Check that out for sure.

I used to use one and it never got stuck. they ahve a differential lock in them and super low range. I would put some big dog tires on it of course. and hell, even if it did, isnt that was a 4500lb winch is for!

My FIL has a 2000's model that I got buried in a mud hole with. It was really my fault because I knew the tires were bad, but I didn't know how deep the hole was. My daughter was with me (5 years old at the time), so I made her drive while I pushed it out. When I jumped in, the mud was up to my knees! Overall, I like the Mules. I think with a decent set of biter-tires, they could really go through most anything.

yeah I agree. the stock tires all all UTV's suck. I would put a set of ITP mud-lites on it, just like my Honda Foreman 450 has

My FIL wants to put bigger tires on his. I recently found a lift kit for it, but I don't know if he'll want to go that big or not.

I HIGLY suggest the ITP brand. we have mudlites on the atv

Diahatsu used to back in like 2000. I'm not sure about newer or older than that though.

Adirondackwoodburner said:
yeah I agree. the stock tires all all UTV's suck. I would put a set of ITP mud-lites on it, just like my Honda Foreman 450 has

Same set up as me . . . ITP Mudlites on a Honda 450!

its the ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.