For Sale Keystoker GT Coal Stove $350

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bob Deb

May 25, 2024
Newburgh, NY
This stove will need some repairs in order to be used again. We bought it new about 27 years ago & have always maintained it regularly. Because of the age of the stove it is now due for more maintenance & some repairs. It's rated at 72,000 BTU's & works just like a wood pellet stove. It has a hopper that will hold 40 pounds of rice coal & burn for 24 hours. This was a $2800 stove when new & comparable stoves are now in the $4000 to $6000 range.

The exhaust fan housing has rust but is still available from Keystone Stoves in PA. The internal heat circulation fan had gotten jammed with a piece of coal & the fan motor stopped working & may need to be replaced. I relined the hopper with sheet metal because the original hopper developed rust holes. This is how the coal fell through & jammed the fan. We opted to buy a new wood pellet stove instead of refurbishing this one.

I will include the original installation manual, the sales brochure, some insulated stainless steel pipe to direct vent it to the outside through the wall, 2 ash pans, the thermostat & 4 full bags of rice coal with the purchase of the stove. You will need to get new high temperature sealant for the vent pipe joints & whatever else that is required to install it for your application.

Stove must be paid for in cash & picked up in person, no shipping. This stove is very heavy, maybe 300 pounds or more, so make sure you have a truck or trailer & several people to help move it. I will not disassemble the stove due to the age & cannot guarantee that it will not need additional work to what I mentioned in the ad. It is on a moving dolly & located on the first floor of my house in a room adjacent to a deck & accessible.

I am located in the Town of Newburgh in Orange County, New York which is about 60 miles north of New York City. You can email me at "old moparz2@ yahoo.com & also call me on a land line at 845-562-eight-four-three-five. This is not a cell phone so don't send a text. If you email me please mention the coal stove because I have several other items for sale on various websites.

Thanks, Bob

Keystoker GT Coal Stove $350