Keystone pellets in Western New York

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OverlookEGR

Jan 21, 2015
Ashford ny
Ive been burning keystone pellets for two winters because the supplier I use carries two brands and the Keystone are less expensive. The other brand is drycreek pellets and I got to try some of them this winter. I think the keystones burn hotter and the ash is much easier to deal with. The drycreeks tend to make "clinkers" that I would say reduce the air flow through the burn pot.

I'm running a Harman PC45.

FYI. I think the keystone pellets are the same as Allegheny pellets.
pelletheat.com

Anyone else had experience with these?

Last edited:
Keystone is the same as Allegheny pellets. I drive by the Allegheny pellet mill in Youngsville, PA every year. Great pellet, though I can never find them for sale around the Buffalo area in WNY.

I love them. There is a guy just north of Springville that sells them. He is always competitive with other stores. He handles drycreeks and coal too.

If you're in Western NY, I'd suggest finding Barefoots. They are only ~10-15/ton more than Dry Creek, but burn hotter and substantially cleaner. Ill pick up a few bags more this season and compare again.

Status
Not open for further replies.