King 5502m

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mkhimmy

Dec 21, 2021
Pennsylvania
King 5502m starts up fine however the room fan does not come when stove gets hot. When I hit the power off bottom then the room fan comes on. Is this a bad temp sensor?

Is this a pellet stove?

King 5502m starts up fine however the room fan does not come when stove gets hot. When I hit the power off bottom then the room fan comes on. Is this a bad temp sensor?

I have a 6500 and the room fan is turned on by a flue gas temperature sensor. I haven't looked at mine in great detail, but you could probably jump the sensor and see if the room fan comes on . If it does then it could be a bad sensor. I would also make sure the exhaust is really clean. On other stoves I have had enough ash build up that it insulated the sensor to the point where it wouldn't register a flame.

Providing some history on the stove would help troubleshooting too.

Have you looked for your technical manual in the USSC Troubleshooting sticky thread at the top of the forum? I think there is a self test that you can run.

I agree, likely the low limit thermodisc either bad or coated with soot. Unplug it and jump the wires together and see if the room fan runs. For testing only. If you burn with it jumped and the fire goes out, it won’t know it and will keep feeding pellets until the hopper is empty.

I would say you have a control board problem. Try the fan adjustments instead of the power buttton. Also,would not hurt to check the fan connections,from the board to the fan.