knowledge<opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I think this site is full of intelligent and experienced people. Many folks, like me, come here for both opinions, knowledge and information (and sometimes just to share ideas, pics, experiences... and see those of others). Many on this site have years of experience, others are pros in the field, and all of us have thoughts and ideas.

I'm a relative newbie, starting to gain some experience and a much greater understanding through many on this site. One thing I can tell you for sure is that you misspelled knowledge in the title of this thread! :)

Finally, a lot of nice and helpful folks around here. Ask and you will receive a lot of knowledge and opinions. In my experience, I find it all helpful!

Last edited:
Knowledge<opinions...

When you aren't paying strict attention while loading the woodstove, the hot door will ever so slowly (so you don't notice it) close until it hits you in the arm. You will then pay attention, until you don't, and it happens again.

20170905_234724.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like every other forum on the internet, you have to open a lot of oysters to find a pearl...

Reactions: vinny11950
Not sure what the point of this thread is. If you're that new then go read around and figure it out for yourself.

I think this site is full of intelligent and experienced people. Many folks, like me, come here for both opinions, knowledge and information (and sometimes just to share ideas, pics, experiences... and see those of others). Many on this site have years of experience, others are pros in the field, and all of us have thoughts and ideas.

I'm a relative newbie, starting to gain some experience and a much greater understanding through many on this site. One thing I can tell you for sure is that you misspelled knowledge in the title of this thread! :)

Finally, a lot of nice and helpful folks around here. Ask and you will receive a lot of knowledge and opinions. In my experience, I find it all helpful!
how is it spelled...

The point of this thread was more how people might try to pass their knowledge, and end up giving a passive aggressive opinion.

Good Lord man. This is a manly woodburning and DIY forum. Let's not get caught up in 'what did he really mean by that, my feelings are hurt'. The odds are that person didn't mean anything by that and people need the benefit of a doubt, or to be ignored with nothing more than a shrug and a click to the next thread.

Good Lord man. This is a manly woodburning and DIY forum. Let's not get caught up in 'what did he really mean by that, my feelings are hurt'. The odds are that person didn't mean anything by that and people need the benefit of a doubt, or to be ignored with nothing more than a shrug and a click to the next thread.
lol

The point of this thread was more how people might try to pass their knowledge, and end up giving a passive aggressive opinion.

You should join the Jeep Cherokee forums, there are some real winners there....

But here, the crowd is generally really helpful and well behaved as the moderators don't let it get out of hand. Even if you don't like or agree with an opinion, it is worth reading it because you don't know what you don't know.

Reactions: worktolearn13
Knowledge<opinions...

When you aren't paying strict attention while loading the woodstove, the hot door will ever so slowly (so you don't notice it) close until it hits you in the arm. You will then pay attention, until you don't, and it happens again.

Tip of the day... cover it with a dish towel.. that way the dish towel lights on fire before the door hits you.. a sort of early warning system