Kresno Powrmatic Wood Stove Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Oil97

Sep 22, 2021
Alberta, Canada
Hello Everyone,

My wife and I have recently moved into my grandparents old farmhouse and it has a Kresno Powrmatic all set up in the basement. We are planning on supplementing our furnace heat during the cold winters in Canada with this wood stove. I can not find much info on this stove as to how old it is and about how efficient it will be. I would one day like to upgrade to a more modern and efficient stove but if this one is still decent I would not mind getting some use out of it.

If anybody has any kind of experience or knowledge on this it would be greatly appreciated!! I have attached some pictures for reference.

Thank you very much!

IMG_20210921_195233.jpg IMG_20210921_195157.jpg IMG_20210921_194909.jpg IMG_20210921_194913.jpg

I have a kresno just like yours unfortunately the rear plate cracked. I was looking for another one and I found a efel kamina it looks like the same stove dimensions are the same. I did some research on the efel which is made in Belgium but they did send parts to Canada probably for assembly as kresno. I would say build the heat slowly so you don't Crack the rear plate. The kresno was a good stove I'm going to take it apart and see if the rear plate is the same as the efel