Kubato BX25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Been awhile since my topic resurfaced. I have gotten serious and been looking at tractors for the past month and plan is to buy one before the end of the year.
However, have decided to move up to a 40-45 hp model complete with FEL and backhoe.

I like renting these loader backhoe type machines. The dealer is very close ,reasonably priced and i don't have any maintenance or repairs.(Or monthly payments). Once i ran spike into the front tire and he didnt charge me a cent. Also i can get the right machine i need for the job. For ditch digging i like the speed and utility of an excavator on tracks.

i'm thinking about an L3750 with a loader and a back hoe... it is probably more than i need for my .49 acre land

My current first choice is a Kioti NX4510 with FEL and backhoe. We are on schedule to buy the end of this year.

i'm thinking about an L3750 with a loader and a back hoe... it is probably more than i need for my .49 acre land
As nice as they are to have, another thing i like about renting is no maintenance. Oil changes, repairs, it all take time and money. I have about 1.5 acres and i think id run out of work for a full time machine rather quickly.

If the coming with a backhoe is not a big issue, I say look at the L series botas, I have a L2501/HST/4WD on 17 acres with 5 acres cleared the rest woods. Tractor gets around and works very well in the woods. Drags a 5ft cutter, and boxblade no issues. No mid mount PTO on the L series, but I didn't want that.

As nice as they are to have, another thing i like about renting is no maintenance. Oil changes, repairs, it all take time and money. I have about 1.5 acres and i think id run out of work for a full time machine rather quickly.
yeah. my plan would probably be to buy it, use it, then sell it for close to what i paid for it. I don't think it is going to happen though.

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
yeah. my plan would probably be to buy it, use it, then sell it for close to what i paid for it. I don't think it is going to happen though.
Thats why i just bought a brand new John Deere X350. Was looking at used one but anything with under 200 hours on it and just a few years old was just about the price of a new one with Zero hours on it. Besides i wont miss the $60 a month to JD Financing and get a 4YR warranty to boot. Anything used id have to cough up all cash on the spot with no warranty. This will take care of mowing and snow removal. Ill rent for the big jobs,pipelines ,stump removal ect, that are also hard on equipment.

Thats why i just bought a brand new John Deere X350. Was looking at used one but anything with under 200 hours on it and just a few years old was just about the price of a new one with Zero hours on it. Besides i wont miss the $60 a month to JD Financing and get a 4YR warranty to boot. Anything used id have to cough up all cash on the spot with no warranty. This will take care of mowing and snow removal. Ill rent for the big jobs,pipelines ,stump removal ect, that are also hard on equipment.

I know the owner, and he has let me borrow it from him in the past. He just put a few grand into it, to replace everything, so i know its been recently worked on. I have a ton of stumps to rip out, a bunch of landscaping and grading to do, and possibly a few sewer lines to dig up. It would be nice to have one on site so i can work on it at my leisure.... after i'm done with it though, it would be too big for plowing my non-existant driveway. it does do a good job of moving stoves though :)

upload_2018-6-18_11-13-34.png