Landworks Electric Utility Wagon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Montanalocal

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2014
Helena MT
I have been cutting dead beetle killed pine trees in my area for a number of years, and I have mostly cleared out all the dead trees that are easy to get to with my pickup. Those that are left are hard to get to or are on steep areas, and I have been looking for a powered cart of some type to transport rounds to my pickup. I have not been satisfied with the alternatives until I recently discovered the Landworks electric utility cart.

It is driven by a 48 V. Lithium-Ion 2 Ah battery. It comes with two of them. The price is fairly reasonable. There is a cheeper model that uses lead acid batteries. The carry basket measures 22 in. wide and 33 in. long. It can carry 500 pounds. The sides can easily be removed to make it into a flatbed carrier. It can tip up to load or dump. I like it so far. Some of the feedback at Amazon complains of it being slow, but I think it is just fine at a brisk walk. One thing I would recommend is to coat the axle with Anti-Seize before bolting on the wheel, so that down the road when removing the wheel and tire it is not rusted on.

100_2382.JPG
100_2385.JPG

The Youtube link shows it operating.

Amazon product ASIN B07T3DTC7D

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
Looks like a good tool. I have an electric power assist wheel barrow, and it's awesome.
We have hilly terrain, and my wife uses it regularly. Very handy tool for everything from compost to a big pile of wood. I'm all for some power assistance when processing timber.

Me, personally I'd invest in some kind of and older trac machine. It will lift the big rounds, go through heavy terrain.. wet hilly, the best is that I scoop the rounds in the bucket and lift it up and leave the bucket at Waist height and pull the rounds off the bucket to split instead of bending over and lifting them up to the splitter. Something like this is quite the labor saver...

Woodsplitter,

Yes, under certain circumstances that would work. But in my case, I am away from my home and electric splitter, so all I need is something to get it to my pickup. Once there, I have a power lift on my pickup to load with. Also, my splitter converts to vertical, so no lifting there. All in all, I like my choice, especially considering the cost, and the ease of transporting it in my pickup.

Looks like a handy tool

I have a DR Power Wagon for similar purposes. I think it looks 800 lb capacity but I think you'd need to fill the bed with gravel to push the max limit.

The three-wheel steering can get exciting on uneven terrain. But once you get the hang of it, it's a great way to move rounds and splits in the wood-processing area