Lange Woodstove 6302k setback specs or Manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lange 6302k Susan

Feb 3, 2018
Alexander, NC
My mom bought a 6302k Lange wood stove for my new house - same stove I grew up using. But my builder says I can't install it without the manual/specs in "black and white". I was hoping to set a blue stone as mat and as a back as my non-combustable back so it could be closer than 36" setback from the wall. Anyone able to find docs supporting my plan? What can I do to put this sweet rig in my new house?

Here is a stove like mine. here is all I can find for specs...

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 326
  • langespecs.pdf
    235.6 KB · Views: 438
My mom bought a 6302k Lange wood stove for my new house - same stove I grew up using. But my builder says I can't install it without the manual/specs in "black and white". I was hoping to set a blue stone as mat and as a back as my non-combustable back so it could be closer than 36" setback from the wall. Anyone able to find docs supporting my plan? What can I do to put this sweet rig in my new house?[/QUOTE

Hi Susan....

I have a 1978 Lange catalog in pdf format but I don't know if I can upload it to Hearth.com. Will try. It has your stove in it and the catalog refers to the National Fire Protection Association bulletin (NFPA No. HS-8) called "Using Coal and Wood Stoves Safely." The NFPA calls for 36" clearance between the stove and any combustible surface (front, back and sides) and 18" to the floor. I caution that these setbacks are from an old catalog and reference a standard that is at least 40 years old! If my pdf is able to be uploaded, check out page 10.

This catalog has tons of useful information related to Lange stoves, and wood burning, in general. There are numerous photos of Lange stoves, instructions, general info on wood burning, chimney cleanings, info on Btu content of various woods. Also, along with the catalog, I added a price sheet and a brochure with specifications (also from 1978). Unfortunately, there are no specific installation instructions regarding setback clearances other than the reference to the NFPA specifications.

Note... I tried to upload the catalog as a pdf but was unable. Please reply to the web site and we can figure out how to get the file to you.

John, a.k.a., Beerdog

Reactions: we_like_it
Hi Susan, Hi Beerdog,
I am Marc from France - I d be more than happy to receive the catalogue as I need to rebuild the stove - and would love a reference.
cheers
Marc