Last week of April and still burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Newburnerwisconsin

Feeling the Heat
Jul 8, 2015
wisconsin
cold front across upper Midwest. snow and rain in the forecast what strange weather. Sure glad I burn wood.

Still burning here too. It was +20 Celsius two weeks ago then bam back in the negatives + snow storm. But that's on par for us we often have snow until end of may.

Except I'm out of wood. I had to make a special trip to find enough dead standing stuff to make it :). Poor planning then again I didn't think I'd actually get my stove in January :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Started a fire this morning . . . the end is nigh however.

Yep burning here as well. Started 2 nights ago. Lows near 30 and highs barley above 40 with no sun. 67 was feeling a little chilly. Sitting at 73 right now amd loving it! Have a little wood left in the racks next to the stove anyway so might as well use it right?

No fire yesterday . . . but my wife did turn on the oil boiler for a bit in the morning to warm things up. Ditto for today. Temps inside and outside were just too close which usually means I have issues with establishing a draft while lighting the fire.

I don't think I'm quite done burning though . . . colder temps have been promised for next week.

Must be nice to live in the warm interior. We're burning now and will keep burning well into June unless an odd heat wave comes through.

16 inches of snow on saturday, cut the grass in a t-shirt last night at 5pm when it was still 65º outside...

Two years ago yesterday we picked our first cucumber out of the greenhouse. This year the plants are only 6" tall.

I was still burning as of last night. I've had maybe 2 nights so far without a fire. Warmer weather is predicted this week.

Yes, we did a chill chaser last night too.

I just started a fire this evening. It's in the 30's, rainy, and windy out right now... Far cry from the mid 60's to 70's we had around here last week.

Started a fire this afternoon, cold, rainy, and windy. Life is good!

cold front across upper Midwest. snow and rain in the forecast what strange weather. Sure glad I burn wood.
Yep coming here to nj this weekend. might be burning Saturday. They say it can get cold enough up until mothers day. I haven't burned though in 3 weeks. Weird how I was basically burning every day till 3 weeks ago then bam no burning. Good luck, stay warm.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Still burning here too. It was +20 Celsius two weeks ago then bam back in the negatives + snow storm. But that's on par for us we often have snow until end of may.

Except I'm out of wood. I had to make a special trip to find enough dead standing stuff to make it :). Poor planning then again I didn't think I'd actually get my stove in January :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
It's nice when you can get ahead of the curve. I've got about six cords split and stacked for next year. Last year only had about 3 cords. Hopefully can continue to grow my supply to 3 years out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Still burning here too. :mad: