latest two bag purchase..EXOTIC!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr coffee

Dec 12, 2011
pennsyltuckey
from homedespot... Bayou from Louisiana , had some mother of all pellets (almost three inches) no dust to speak of though. Almost done with my two dollah bags of natures heat in the balmy northeast (scratch that..we have flood advisories..)

I bought 30 bags of Bayou from HD. Nice pellet, low in fines, very clean burning. The one thing I noticed is they seem to lack heat. I run a Harman, and it's difficult to judge, but I didn't seem to get the same heat output that I did with Greene Team. I would be interested in hearing others experiences.

same here... I had to bump up the dial a couple of notches to keep the same "comfort" level. Not sure I'd buy again unless there was a shortage elsewhere

The Bayou bags I have are full of dust and many of the pellets are not whole?? for a lack of a better word. The heat it produces is really not that good but the test bags I purchased sometime ago worked very well so I went back and purched more. now I seem to have junk bags

Status
Not open for further replies.