Leave it to the pros!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vikestand

Feeling the Heat
Oct 29, 2014
Missurah
This is the best money I've spent in awhile. Have two very tall soft maples in front of my house that had two very big bodies that hung over my house. Along with a wild cherry that was on a corner that was starting to rot. Thought about attempting it myself. Then I got wise. School is about to start and football practice starts Monday. Called a guy I went to high school with to do it. Dropped all of it for $275. Well worth it!
IMG_2348.JPG
IMG_2356.JPG
IMG_2354.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a great deal! I've seen people pay thousands for work like that.

Wow $275 is a steal. When I get tree work done I tell them to just drop it and I'll take care of the rest. I"ll burn the branches out back and obviously keep all the good stuff to make it as cheap as possible. Although I have a few big ones that I'd probably pay full price for to not have to deal with a million branches.

I did the clean up. It took me three hours Saturday and five Sunday to get it done. It's soft maple and wild cherry. Soft maple will get mixed in with some oak splits on the pile. Cherry will get saved for smoking. About 1.5 chords when its all done I'd guess.

$275.00 is a great deal, by me, it would be like $450.00 a tree

I should note these are just main sections of these trees. Not the entire tree.