Lets play "Name your wood moisture content!" otherwise known as, "why won’t this thing put out heat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burntime

Aug 18, 2006
C'mon hunting season!
What is the range you want? I thought it was 15-25% if I remember right? I am going to test mine tonight, of course it jsut rained!

15-25% is right. I have found anything higher usually sizzles.

Sometimes you forget more than you know!!!

Don't use this (I know, I know). Make sure it has been split for the year, and I'm thinking it is good to go. It is almost to the point that we can sell the cords and pay for the oil and still make a few bucks. Does anyone else not equate your time to the price of your OWN wood? I don't as I enjoy the time from the woods on the stump to the stack. I'd almost like to keep doing it, if I can get paid for just that.
Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.