Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) Lignetics vs Stove Chow???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

briggsy13

Sep 19, 2011
Maryland
We have been happily burning Hamers for the last 5 years or so. This year our supplier has no idea when/if they will get any. So they are carrying Lignetics. Home Depot has Stove Chow, We have Tractor Supply here, but not sure what brand they carry.

Any comments/advice???

We have been happily burning Hamers for the last 5 years or so. This year our supplier has no idea when/if they will get any. So they are carrying Lignetics. Home Depot has Stove Chow, We have Tractor Supply here, but not sure what brand they carry.

Any comments/advice???
Here in Denver, Lignetics are made in Sandpoint, ID and they are superior pellets..I think the location where they are made is more important than the brand on the bag..

I'm test running a 6-pack of Lignetics from a local hardware store, $285/ton but they have no way to deliver and move.

So far, temperature is slightly low (340 vs 350 on my other likelies) but 1st run clears my 24hrs/2-bags need - not many do...

on edit - also meets my low-ash criteria - now I just need to find someone carrying them with a Moffet delivery truck...

Cheers,
- Jeff

Last edited: