Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) Lignetics vs Stove Chow???

briggsy13 Posted By briggsy13, Nov 28, 2018 at 12:18 PM

1. briggsy13

briggsy13
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 19, 2011
    Loc:
    Maryland
    We have been happily burning Hamers for the last 5 years or so. This year our supplier has no idea when/if they will get any. So they are carrying Lignetics. Home Depot has Stove Chow, We have Tractor Supply here, but not sure what brand they carry.

Any comments/advice???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Fairwind

Fairwind
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 21, 2015
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Here in Denver, Lignetics are made in Sandpoint, ID and they are superior pellets..I think the location where they are made is more important than the brand on the bag..

3. Mark_ms

Mark_ms
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 28, 2008
    Loc:
    Upstate NY on VT Border
    Lignetics..........no ifs ands or buts............

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. batchman

batchman
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 29, 2013
    Loc:
    Backwoods MA
    I'm test running a 6-pack of Lignetics from a local hardware store, $285/ton but they have no way to deliver and move.

So far, temperature is slightly low (340 vs 350 on my other likelies) but 1st run clears my 24hrs/2-bags need - not many do...

on edit - also meets my low-ash criteria - now I just need to find someone carrying them with a Moffet delivery truck...

Cheers,
    - Jeff

5. Rockinindian

Rockinindian
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 13, 2019
    Loc:
    Az
    I'm in northern as. We have 10-12 different brands available and I've tried most of them. No difference in burning time ,heat , or ash deposits. Or the difference is so little I can't compare them.so I buy the cheapest