Limits to mini splits in cold conditions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I've got 2 Fujitsu 12k units on the same side of the house, with a patio area between. Really can't hear a thing, even on the patio

If you stand in front of a unit you can tell it's working by the air blowing
Yes, that unit is really quiet. A neighbor put one in many years ago. I stopped at their house when temps were around 20 and it was running full steam. I could hear it, but it was just a gentle hum and low fan noise.

Yes, that unit is really quiet. A neighbor put one in many years ago. I stopped at their house when temps were around 20 and it was running full steam. I could hear it, but it was just a gentle hum and low fan noise.

Day mine was installed what a hot mo-fo.... I couldn't be there for the installation as other work took me away, but the good lady was. I came home, and walked up the front step, the unit would be about 10 feet away, and heard a racket. Upon hearing that I was downright disappointed. Walked in, greeted everyone, headed back out to check on the noisy install and realized that my neighbor must have put a window unit in that same day. What I heard was that window ac unit about 70 feet away,,,, the mini split was running like a beast, but whisper quiet.

Reactions: begreen