Liner install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
IMG_1417.JPG So I had a new liner install completed. Very happy with everything overall. Next day, I Went to check out the top termination and notice what looked like a starter hole/ slice where they were going to cut the liner at the top, but then abandoned it and cut just above. I've attached a pic. This is a heavy wall liner and I'm guessing that being so high up, it's a non- issue. Would this impact draft if left as is? What do you all think?

Not an issue.

No issue to worry about. Nice to see you are so engaged with your setup. If it'll make you sleep better, go back up with an angle grinder and cut it off at the level where the hole is. But, the benefits will be purely psychological. Which I'm not minimizing.

Thanks all, i will leave it.

That liner is way to clean