Log size for Republic 1750i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolnick73

Nov 12, 2009
SE Minn
Greetings,

I am getting a Lopi Republic 1750i insert installed on black Friday, Nov 27. The flat cook top and bypass damper sold me on it. Right now I am cutting my wood and wondering about log length. The brochure says the maximum log size is 18", but what is the best practical size? Right now I am erring on the small side (<13"). Is it different N-S to E-W (I didn't know there was a distinction until I watch the "Vanessa" video)?

Any help would be great,

Nick

My father-in-law has a Lopi 1750 (Republic) and I have the 1250 (Answer). We cut our wood to 16" length. I know for a fact that he can fit his wood in either E-W or N-S this way.

That is the same fire box as my Endeavor. You can load N/S or E/W equally, as the box is as wide as it is deep. It will hold 18", but I use 16" to be sure.

Thanks guys,

I know I will be doing a lot of loading as I will be burning mostly cottonwood but using larger cut I won't have to be continually feeding the stove. We had a logging company come in a few years ago and I am now in the process of cleaning the tops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.