Longwood furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Doesn't seem like there are too many out there being used anymore...

Doesn't seem like there are too many out there being used anymore...
Don't think there many left. Saw one on top of a heap at the junk yard and a friend scrapped another one. When we bought this house it had a 10 year old Longwood furnace. That was 32 years ago and we have used it every since. Almost entirely for our heat source. They were made here in Mo. where we live. 30 years ago I knew of two close dealers. None now and I don't know of any parts places either.

When we bought this house it had a 10 year old Longwood furnace. That was 32 years ago and we have used it every since.
Sounds like she doesn't owe you anything at this point...still using it? Plans for an upgrade?

If you search Longwood Furnace in this forum there are several old posts referring to these furnaces.

Sounds like she doesn't owe you anything at this point...still using it? Plans for an upgrade?
I am 76 years old now and I imagine we are going to try and make this one last us out. We put in a high efficiency stand alone LP furnace a few years ago to use when we are gon. We have a LOT of wood going to waste here on the farm ao as long as I am abe to cut wood I plan on firing this old furnace. It is pretty easy to find enough wood that does not require splitting around here. Of course the smaller stuff will have more sap wood. I do cut a lot of bigger stuffin short lengths and split it for other people . Thanks for the reply.