Looking at new sub compact tractor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
You see my pic with the 3point plow? look at my rear tire then to the right and you see those hoses being held by a zip tie? can you check your machine and see if there should be some type of bracket or something? it seems real sloppy for them to have the hoses like this, my ck2510 seemed to have a very clean hose install and they used more of the black sock stuff keep them all together.

That does look pretty sloppy. Zip ties can work pretty good - if they are stout, and enough of them in the right places. I would want them tied up closer to the frame along with being solidly secured - looks like those could snag something pretty easy.

I'll take a look later when I go out to bring in the generator. We lost power and most like won't be back on today. I don't recall my hoses hanging that low and definitely not zip tied, but I'll check.

The hoses are zip tied out of the way. There's two study black zip ties and the nylon mesh sock. It's tucked up close to frame and doesn't hang as low as yours

The hoses are zip tied out of the way. There's two study black zip ties and the nylon mesh sock. It's tucked up close to frame and doesn't hang as low as yours
Thanks - im going to reroute and retie those hoses higher on the frame this weekend.
On a side note, we got 24" of snow and I used the machine to clear the driveway last night, it was fantastic, the 66" bucked did great, the rear blade also worked wonders.
I'm think of getting a 6ft protect box blade for the front on it, had plenty of power and decent traction.
I have more to clean up today (during the daylight) so i'll take some action shots.

Those lines on my John Deere are steel hard line, plumbed into the frame rail. Just sayin'. ==c

IMG_2728.JPG
IMG_2727.JPG
Those piles are between 8 & 12ft high

Nice tractor, it seems every week were working storm. I was out in Ashtabula working the storm last week to. Didn't end up in jersey but the year is early, stay safe and enjoy the tractor. You should look into the three point snowblowers.

Nice tractor, it seems every week were working storm. I was out in Ashtabula working the storm last week to. Didn't end up in jersey but the year is early, stay safe and enjoy the tractor. You should look into the three point snowblowers.

A cab would nice! ::C

image.jpeg
As you can see the hoses are protected by the frame rail on my mahindra. They have to have some way to secure those hoses so they don't get pulled off talk to the dealer, they should help it is a new tractor. I'm looking a getting a new grapple bucket, for some spring projects. If I do pull the trigger I'll show some pics

8DDF165A-25D5-4A76-9244-FC3A3039F2D5.JPG
I'm gona bend up some brackets this week, amazed at the lift capacity
View attachment 196230 As you can see the hoses are protected by the frame rail on my mahindra. They have to have some way to secure those hoses so they don't get pulled off talk to the dealer, they should help it is a new tractor. I'm looking a getting a new grapple bucket, for some spring projects. If I do pull the trigger I'll show some pics

Reactions: heavy hammer
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is the 2540 sitting in the garage, I want to take it out but the yard is a mess would just destroy everything.

My fire chief asked me to swing by the fd to clean up the 20" snow around the monument and behind the fd, we wanna install a patio and make the monument area look nice, so getting the snow away now will help the ground dry out faster.
Ashful - I prob could lift that car up from the front, I need the hoe on the back for counter weight, the butt end of these machines are very lite

I don't know what machine that was off, probably a large front end loader. That is my flipping/ workout tire.

Reactions: Ashful
Was scanning through craigslist Saturday morning since it was pouring rain, I came across a seller the next town over selling a Merry Mac TPH184 pto powered wood chipper, I was def interested since the price was right, the pics looked clean. This chipper will shred branches up to 1 1/2" and will chip branches up to 4 1/2" . I figured what the hell, emailed the person, I got a response the following day and what do you, I picked it up yesterday.
When I got home, I unloaded her, looked it over, put grease in a zerks and fired her up. I only threw a few branches in to see how it worked, I think im going to be very happy with this choice.

Very nice. I just picked up a grapple bucket, I will try and get some pics with it in action.

Very nice. I just picked up a grapple bucket, I will try and get some pics with it in action.
Are you going to plumb in the 3rd function port so you can open / close the grapple on the control arm? Let me know how easy it was to install.

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner.
I will never dig another stump out of the ground unless there are extenuating circumstances that require it.
One problem with leaving a stump in the ground is it provides a food source for termites. If it is near the house, get rid of the stump.

This chipper will shred branches up to 1 1/2" and will chip branches up to 4 1/2" .

I think im going to be very happy with this choice.

Good find, that will be really nice. Even my little 8 hp homeowner chipper/shredder is a big help and works ok (not great) with sharp blades. Its addicting chipping up that stuff so don't get carried away, 4 1/2" is firewood size!