Looking for a quality Ash Can/Bucket ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hi Everyone - I'm looking for an ash can or bucket, preferrably with a lid that can handle hot ash and coals. I purchased one from Amazon which was a piece of junk - the handle broke within a couple of months and almost started a fire. My other one that I use with the insert is about ready to fall apart - the bottom is completely buckled and it probably will give way on the next load. Anyone have suggestions on a quality container for removing hot ash/coals from the stove ? Appreciate it.
Why not leave hot coals where they belong, in the stove? Burn them down every once in a while with small splits of softwood like pine or tulip poplar. More heat in your house, less danger to you and your house. Then just remove the ash occasionally.