Looking for feedback on Blaze King vs. jutol .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TROY COOK

Hearth Supporter
Oct 25, 2009
Ramsay, Michigan of the U.P.
Still looking to up grade our wood stove with a bigger stove.Close to buying a jutol f 600,now looking at Blaze king large stoves.The burn time they say sounds hard to believe? Any feedback on the Blaze king's?

You might want to ask this question in the "hearth room", most folks in the pellet section wont pay much attention to your post.

With that said, the F-600 is w/o a doubt a better looking stove. IMBO (in my biased opinion, I'm a BKK owner), the BKK will out-perform the F-600 in just about every regard. If you're able to get enough premium wood into the BKK, it will burn for close to the advertised times at it's lowest setting under prime conditions. Cruising on low, it will easily burn well over 24 hours w/o working to make it happen. With a full load of good wood and the stove cranked all the way up, it will still burn all night long and then some... but this is cranking out some serious heat! The cat, the thermostat, and the shear size of the stove make it a treat to own. You can also burn about a cord of wood through it before the ashes need to be dumped. The BKK is about as low maintenance as wood stoves get, from both an operational stand point, as well as a maintenance stand point.

But like I said, the F600 looks better, and at the end of the day, that's the most important thing for many folks. I will say, if looks are a concern and you want to go with the BKK, consider the Parlor model w/o the ash pan (it's useless anyway), it's the best looking of the BK family (IMO).

Just watch the distributors mark-up. You may be close, in the UP, but on the East cost, from what I understand, it's about a grand more between East and West of the Mississippi.

Status
Not open for further replies.