Looking for input on Blaze King

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
As this thread has taken on the direction of wood sheds, I have a related question - does it matter how steep of a slope the roof of the shed has? Is there a calculation for this? I am building one and the slope on mine is fairly shallow - it goes down only a few inches over a 4 foot span... My thinking here was to maximize space for wood, but perhaps I should cut one side down to make a steeper slope.
If you get heavy snow load in your area you might want a little steeper pitch, unless you don’t mind going up and shoveling snow off. If you don’t get heavy snow loads I’d say as long as it sheds water it should be fine, after that it’s kinda just personal preference.

Any of you guys have any experience with using logs for post and railings? I plan on using some spruce trees for posts and railing on my loft of the cabin. Heres a log I peeled today that I plan on using as a post going from the loft floor up to the ridge board to help support the ridge. How long would you guys say it’ll take to dry out? A year maybe?

44F4B035-3E6E-41AF-BEAA-F501CA73199F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: