Looking for New stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cphill

Jan 25, 2015
Tennessee
I am New here been looking around here awhile and thought it was time to join and ask some questions. I have a lopi republic1250 and for the last 7 years it has been a great stove. Last year I added on to the house and now have around1500 sq feet. It still heats the house ok but I have to feed it pretty hard . I am looking for something with a longer burn time . Growing up we had a old Ashley stove (u know ugly two tone Brown) and that was all I had used till the lopi and in a way I like the EPA stove but i dont like not having a real ash box . I have looked at several others online but not real sure what to go with. The not having a ash box and grate r the 2 things I dont like but no EPA stove from what I see has that. My house is just a ranch style fairly well insulated. I am in middle Tennessee so not bad cold weather but cold enough to want a good stove.....any information be great

There are several EPA stoves with a grate and ash pan. Most are cast iron and some soapstone. There are also steel stoves with ashpan systems but most are not worth it. I don't use ours at all, but fortunately the stove has a deep belly that holds a lot of ashes so it is no bother. What is your budget? It sounds like you can go up to a 3 cu ft stove. There are some good value models by Englander and Drolet for thousand or under. Features and price goes up from there pretty rapidly to the $2000 range.

What is the current hearth construction under the stove? That may limit choices if it is ember protection only or a low R value insulation.

Like to stay below 2000 maybe1000 to 1500 if I can....it is a tile hearth 2x4 frame with 1/2 ply and dura rock board

I would look at the Drolet HT2000. It will work with that hearth and is a strong heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.