LOOKING FOR PICTURES OF POSITIVE CONNECTION INSTALLATION

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mnowaczyk

Feeling the Heat
Feb 19, 2009
Delaware
I thought I recalled seeing a post of pictures of an installation on hearth.com somewhere. I can't find them now. I'm specifically looking for how you typically perform a postive connetion to the chimney liner.

I'm afraid that my stove may be different, requiring the connection to be made on the outside of the fireplace insert, whereas newer models might allow for the connection to be made from the inside of the stove. If you have to make the connection from the outside, how do you connect it all, and then slide it into the fireplace. It seems this is nearly impossible with any top-exhausting insert if the connection must be made from the outside of the stove. Would the members agree?

Finally got a copy of the manual for my stove. (feeling pretty lucky!) http://www.mknconsulting.com/ftp/files/manuals/ShelburneManual.pdf

Any input much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.