Looking for value of: Penn Royal #3421 Fireplace Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JunkZero

Nov 9, 2021
Clinton, NJ, USA
Penn Royal wood burning fireplace insert. Comes with electric blower. Every piece included. NO MISSING ORIGINAL PARTS. Fits a 32" wide opening in your fireplace and is 14" deep til flange and back side is 28" tall... so your fireplace opening would need to be 32"w x 28"h x 14"d. The flange is 43"w x 32". Has 2 doors with pin hinges. Top door has glass which goes to main fireplace. And small bottom door adjusts air flow and has ash collect tray which slides out. In excellent condition for its age.

IMG_20211109_125831.jpg IMG_20211109_125838.jpg IMG_20211109_125818.jpg

Penn Royal wood burning fireplace insert. Comes with electric blower. Every piece included. NO MISSING ORIGINAL PARTS. Fits a 32" wide opening in your fireplace and is 14" deep til flange and back side is 28" tall... so your fireplace opening would need to be 32"w x 28"h x 14"d. The flange is 43"w x 32". Has 2 doors with pin hinges. Top door has glass which goes to main fireplace. And small bottom door adjusts air flow and has ash collect tray which slides out. In excellent condition for its age.

View attachment 285087 View attachment 285088 View attachment 285089
I would say $250 to $300

That looks more like a coal stove to me. Penn made several coal stoves. We did have a posting long ago on Penn Royal:

You might try posting on coalpail.com for more info.

What a coincidence , I checked this forum for the first time in 1-2 years and I see a link from the other forum I posted back in 2009 ( I still stand behind the post , the penn Royal is a beast ) primarily designed as a coal burner it burns wood very well considering how quite a few coal stoves are are terrible with wood , but with no substantial baffle to slow it will eat lots of wood .as said 2-300 possibly 4-500 if they are looking for a huge heater , I believe your model is the same as mine ( The Baron ) 100-120K BTU running anthracite ,