Davew37529 Posted By Davew37529, Nov 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM

1. Davew37529

Davew37529
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 20, 2017
    Loc:
    Macungie, PA
    I am currently in the market for a pellet stove I have 3 stoves that I have been looking at 1. Ravelli rv80
    2. Harman allure 50
    3. Harman accentra

I know this is a matter of personal choice but just looking for pros and cons. I would be heating 1022 square open concept ranch.. thank you all in advance

2. Davew37529

Davew37529
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 20, 2017
    Loc:
    Macungie, PA
    Thanks for the information. So the allure would be the better of those 3 stoves to install. The wife likes the design of the allure. I will keep you posted on which one we go with going on Saturday. The only reason I asked about the ravelli was I could that stove for about 900 less than the allure.

3. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    First,realize a pellet stove is the same as a wood stove,same as a space heater.Heat does not move well horizontally.If supplementing your heat,any of the 3 would be fine,but bigger is usually better.BUT you will have a "hot" area,same as a wood stove.If you have never heated with wood.buy 2 1500 watt heaters,put them in a corner(Where you would prefer the stove)and try them out on some cold days.Works well to give you an idea of heat flow in your house.Second,the allure is basically an Accentra in a tin package,instead of cast,but with the new electronic controls.Have heard nothing bad about them.Ravelli has been imported for a while,has a good reputation,you pay more because of it being european.The Accentra has been around a long time,well proven,and the last stove Dane Harman designed completely.

Ssyko likes this.
  4. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    The Allure combustion blower mounts exactly the same way as the Accentra,the way most Harmans did for years.

5. Davew37529

Davew37529
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 20, 2017
    Loc:
    Macungie, PA

The main reason for the pellet stove is all I have is a heat pump. There is no chimney on the house we just moved here in may. I have placed an electric heater where the stove would go and ran my ceiling fans to see how the heat would move. So now it’s just which stove is right for us. I appreciate all the help being that this something that will be with us for a long time. The wife like the European style stoves, for me it’s a matter of how it will do it’s job..

bob bare likes this.
  6. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    What ever your choice i would get the largest BTU stove that $$ allow, and pleases the better-half. Its better to run a big one on lower levels than a little one full tilt.

7. Mikey pellet guy

Mikey pellet guy
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2016
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    I dont know why you say the accentra combustion blower mounts the same way when my xxv mount is nowhere close mount up as a eccentra, my xxv and the allure are in the back with no front access necessary to remove.

8. Mikey pellet guy

Mikey pellet guy
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2016
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Your wrong about that

9. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    The way your paragraph is written implys "the allure will be easier to replace parts".I never mentioned the xxv.While I have never had an Allure apart,the parts diagram shows a housing,sure looks like you have to remove the impeller before motor will slide out.

Mikey pellet guy likes this.
  10. Mikey pellet guy

Mikey pellet guy
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2016
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    My bad your right! I was thinking about the absolute, got my stoves mixed up sorry about that. But i still dont like that design on the allure or accentra. Thanks for the correction.

bob bare likes this.
  11. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    All cool,yea sometimes they can be hard to remove!

Mikey pellet guy likes this.
  12. Mikey pellet guy

Mikey pellet guy
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2016
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Just forget my first blog i must be sleeping! Allure is nothing like the xxv, I was thinking of the absolute pellet stove.

bob bare likes this.
  13. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    Hey have some coffee!!:) I do the same thing,sometimes.

14. dozerdean

dozerdean
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 8, 2014
    Loc:
    North central mo
    I have a 1300+ sq ft house with a accentra fs stove and it works great! Can't beat a harman!!!