Looks like it's officially 24/7 burning time...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

k3c4forlife

Oct 30, 2009
Haven't really had to burn 24/7 (even though I have been for like 3 weeks). Tonight we have a winter wind advisory and the temperature should be in the teens, feels like 0* with the wind chill. I know this is just another day in paradise for some of you, but for NJ it's turning into a pretty serious winter already. Hopefully we lose power tonight. ;-)

Time 7 am Clear
Condition 15°F Clear"
Feels Like 0°F
Chance Precip 0%
Humidity 61%
Wind From WSW
14 mph

I'm in MA - about to celebrate my first full week of 24/7 burning without kindling a fire. Today it warmed up to 40 and I happened to be working at home so I let the fire die way down so I could pull ashes out before we drop down again tonight (teens at night, 30's day) for a while. I'm wondering just how long it will be before I let the fire die out completely - March perhaps?

My first winter burning. My goal is go from now until the end of February without needing to use a match or lighter...

I've been burning 24/7 since before Thanksgiving. It was -7 degrees without the wind chill this morning and 2 degrees right now so I think winter is officially here.

I hate starting a fire from scratch so I always try to load a little bit just to keep a coal bed going. I think the last time I started from scratch was Nov. 16th when I came home from deer camp. It's 17* and windy today so I don't think we'll be letting it go out anytime soon!

I've been burning 24 hours some days but not 7 days a week. It depends on whether the wife is home to tend to the fire while I'm at work.

We have been burning 24/7 since Oct 2nd. If history repeats itself, we will be doing so until early May.

It really is getting nippy out there. I came in from work today and walking from the mailbox to the house my ears were hurting. Nice to come home to a Pellet and a Wood stove kicking... Yeehaww

Even if my work schedule were to permit it, I couldn't burn 24/7 most of the time. If I did, this place would be 90+ degrees all winter long.

I wish I could just keep the stove going though. It would make things easier. Doing at least one, if not two cold starts a day is a real drag.

-SF

We've been 24/7 for a few weeks now. House temps have not gone over 75. In the past week the wood supply is going at a remarkable clip. I love the easy restarts in the morning, but it's anyone's guess when the white haze gets cleaned off the glass.

I've been burning 24/7 for about a week now as well. I didn't plan on doing so but I've had the stove now for about 2 weeks and my wife and I hate when it's not on! I expected it to take much longer for her to get involved while I was at work but she took right to it. I ordered the large box of super cedars (100 ct) and it looks like I may only need a handful this year:)

Up until recently, the wife has been saying that we won't be burning 24/7 and since she's the one at home through the day, it's all up to her to keep it going. At first I was letting the fire go out overnight but then I thought I'd see if she would keep it going if I revived it. Now she wakes up to a nice warm fire and has been keeping it going through the day. Of course, I haven't said anything about her decree and just enjoy coming home to a nice fire burning. I think she's enjoying the warmth with the -26C temps we've been having.

im in central coastal nj finally some real fires and not just after work nonsense. got home yesterday after surfing 2 hrs and cranked up the stove been burning non stop. lets keep it going

argus66 said:
im in central coastal nj finally some real fires and not just after work nonsense. got home yesterday after surfing 2 hrs and cranked up the stove been burning non stop. lets keep it going
You must be pretty close to me.. you in the LBI area?

Status
Not open for further replies.