Lopi Berkshire cost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Yamaha106

Dec 31, 2017
Usa
Hello,

I'm new to the forums here and have a couple of questions. I'm in the market for a propane gas stove to help heat my 1800sq ft house. I'm really interested in the lopi Berkshire and recently received an estimate for the cost of the stove and installation. It seems a little high so I wanted to run it by some of you guys to get a better idea if the price is reasonable.

Lopi Berkshire MV: $2496
Remote: $208
Fan 130 CFM: $218
Top Vent Adapter 5x8: $126

Additional Charges

Venting Top and Out: $525
Labor: $775
Inside Gas: $525

They are offering a $300 off promo...

Total cost is $4573. Seems high to me just wanted to see what everyone thinks.

Thanks.

I don't think it's awfully bad, a little higher than when I left the industry in 2011, but not exorbitantly so.
I would forego the blower & see how well the unit heats you without it.
Turn on a ceiling fan or two or try a floor fan if you need the heat moved around.
You can always add the blower later.

I don't think it's awfully bad, a little higher than when I left the industry in 2011, but not exorbitantly so.
I would forego the blower & see how well the unit heats you without it.
Turn on a ceiling fan or two or try a floor fan if you need the heat moved around.
You can always add the blower later.

That's what I was also thinking. I'll remove the fan from the stove and see how it heats without it and if needed turn on some ceiling fan like you suggested. I'm going to get another estimate and then move forward with the best deal. Thanks for your help