lopi cape cod break in-fires

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that cleaning the cat was as easy as wiping a paint brush across the front of it. Look, the thing heats like a SOB and the burn time gets you through the night no problem. I know people are looking for reasons not to buy a cat, but this thing is dummy proof. As far as longevity, I can't say as this is my first year burning it.

Reactions: Christopix
Was really temped to get this stove. The thing is gorgeous and the fire view is to die for. But we're hoping to heat exclusively with wood so such things became secondary to more practical issues. If my stove were more for looks than heat, I'd have probably gone for the Cape Cod.

One of the things that turned me off was when I called Lopi to talk about issues I'd seen raised here. They claimed there was no problem. When I said that wasn't going to wash, that I'd be more impressed if they were sincere about the problems and what they're doing to fix them, the woman I spoke with promised to have someone call me. No one ever did.

It didn't help that the dealer was looking to charge top dollar for everything. I've got a price on a Blaze King Ashford, installed, that's just a bit north of half of what they wanted for the Cod installed. Yet another reason to vote with my dollars against Lopi.

Alas, were money, efficiency and longevity were not issues, that would be the stove I'd want.

Was really temped to get this stove. The thing is gorgeous and the fire view is to die for. But we're hoping to heat exclusively with wood so such things became secondary to more practical issues. If my stove were more for looks than heat, I'd have probably gone for the Cape Cod.

One of the things that turned me off was when I called Lopi to talk about issues I'd seen raised here. They claimed there was no problem. When I said that wasn't going to wash, that I'd be more impressed if they were sincere about the problems and what they're doing to fix them, the woman I spoke with promised to have someone call me. No one ever did.

It didn't help that the dealer was looking to charge top dollar for everything. I've got a price on a Blaze King Ashford, installed, that's just a bit north of half of what they wanted for the Cod installed. Yet another reason to vote with my dollars against Lopi.

Alas, were money, efficiency and longevity were not issues, that would be the stove I'd want.
Like I've said before. The first step to fixing a problem, is admitting there is one. :rolleyes: They will never admit it, instead they will make revision after revision.

Reactions: Christopix
Status
Not open for further replies.