Lopi Endeavor and double wall stove pipe adapter question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodburner427

Nov 28, 2014
Tennessee
I have just purchased a Lopi Endeavor stove and I already have my ceiling kit and triple wall pipe installed going out of the roof. The next step is purchasing and installing my double wall stove pipe and here is my question. Do I need an adapter to connect the pipe to the top of the stove? As well as an adapter to connect the pipe to the ceiling box? I'm considering buying Selkirk double wall pipe from Lowes but I want to be 100 percent sure of what exactly I need before I buy it. Any information would be much appreciated!

You will need a stovetop adaptor, but you should already have an adaptor at the ceiling box.

You'll need to stick with the same brand pipe. Is the triple-wall chimney DuraVent's DuraPlus? If so DuraVent pipe must be used throughout. I don't think an adapter is needed to go from DuraVent's DVL to the Endeavor but can ask a buddy that has this setup if this is your chimney brand.

Last edited:
I see absolutely no reason you can't use Selkirk connector pipe with whatever chimney system you have installed. You just can't combine systems. The chimney is 1 system and the connector pipe is another system.

The ceiling box has a crimped end coming out of it to connect the pipe, of course. I'm not sure of the exact brand, but I know its not Duravent. The adapter part is a little confusing based on the lows website, the Selkirk kit I'm leaning towards claims to have "chimney adapter" and "DSP universal adapter" which comes in the kit with the telescoping pipe, is that all I need? If not they also offer a Selkirk galvanized adapter that is "Used to adapt double wall stove pipe to stoves with recessed flue outlets". Should I also purchase that along with the kit? Thanks guys

You won't need a chimney adaptor, you have one. You just need a telescoping pipe and a stovetop adaptor.

The ceiling support doesn't sound like DuraVent. Sorry for the diversion.

I've hooked up a dozen endeavors or so, and a few hundred different stoves with double wall pipe. There are very few stoves that don't need an adaptor for the connector pipe. The chimney system will require it's own adaptor, the adaptor included with the pipe kit will only be needed if you have a Selkirk/TLC/Hart&Cooley/Ameri-vent system.

Somehow I thought my buddy's Endeavor had the DVL go right over and in the collar like it does on the PE with no adapter, but could be wrong.

Somehow I thought my buddy's Endeavor had the DVL go right over and in the collar like it does on the PE with no adapter, but could be wrong.
Many stoves do with DVL. Not so many with Selkirk. It's possible it will fit ok, but the adaptor will insure a positive connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.