Lopi Greenfield Electrical Problems?? Won't Ignite Without Batteries

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DoosanMan

Nov 29, 2014
NE Kansas
Went to fire up the Lopi Greenfield this evening for the first time of the season. Nothing, dead would not ignite. I changed the back up batteries and it will ignite and run but its like it's in battery back up mode when we don't have electricity. The accent lights won't come on and the fan won't run. Now we did have a lightning strike a few weeks ago that took out a computer and three routers. Is something burned out on the electrical side? Yet it works with the remote as long as it has good batteries. Also I will add that the fan and light fuses are not blown. I'm not even sure to who to call for service on this stove. Really don't have a dealer here. Thanks

Last edited:
Did you test the outlet that it is plugged into? This is the first step. Then you can start looking at the fire control module for fried components after that.

Given the recent lightning strike and the other fried equipment I would guess this is toast also. But first I would try to unplug it and disconnect the batteries for a few minutes and then try to fire it up. Check all the wiring harnesses to make sure they are plugged in all the way and ground are tight. If this still does nothing I would expect to replace the control module. You can try to google lopi dealers or put your zip under NFI certified repairmen.

That looks to be a sit 2 control board. I would also check the fuse on the control board. Without knowing how handy you are it's tough to advise you on how to proceed. Check with these guys to verify with your stove model. Fire-parts.com . It looks to be $163 for a new one.

Given the recent lightning strike and the other fried equipment I would guess this is toast also. But first I would try to unplug it and disconnect the batteries for a few minutes and then try to fire it up. Check all the wiring harnesses to make sure they are plugged in all the way and ground are tight. If this still does nothing I would expect to replace the control module. You can try to google lopi dealers or put your zip under NFI certified repairmen.

I'll look at this tomorrow evening.

Well I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer that sold me the stove. I'm trying to run it on backup with batteries but the flame gets blue and it goes out after 10 minutes? Why is this?

That looks to be a sit 2 control board. I would also check the fuse on the control board. Without knowing how handy you are it's tough to advise you on how to proceed. Check with these guys to verify with your stove model. Fire-parts.com . It looks to be $163 for a new one.

Ok I called the dealer where I bought this. They really don't service Lopi. It's a lumberyard that orders them in for you. Anyway they called into Travis for me and had me unplug and plug in the connections to the control board. Said that could help. Likely the next step is the control board, but he warned me that any parts they order cannot be returned. So I am thinking of using fire-parts because I believe I can return the parts. I believe I'm fairly handy. How do yo think I should proceed?

Ok I called the dealer where I bought this. They really don't service Lopi. It's a lumberyard that orders them in for you. Anyway they called into Travis for me and had me unplug and plug in the connections to the control board. Said that could help. Likely the next step is the control board, but he warned me that any parts they order cannot be returned. So I am thinking of using fire-parts because I believe I can return the parts. I believe I'm fairly handy. How do yo think I should proceed?

Ok, I replaced the SIT 2 board and that took care of the problem caused by the lightning strike.