Lopi Greenstart Alternatives?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Adamroads77

Jan 15, 2024
Arkansas
My wife and I just purchased some property and we’re going to be building a new home. I want to use a wood stove and heat pump as our heating system. I came across the Lopi Greenstart ignition system and I like the idea of it, most especially for my wife. If the weather is bad enough I end up having to stay at the hospital and I might be gone for days. She’s intimidated by the prospect of starting the stove. Additionally, we both have allergies and the option to have the door closed at startup is nice. I am just wondering if the Lopi Greenstart is the only option for this type of ignition or if there are other options available?

The Lopi system is unique if automatic starting is desired. It will still need dry firewood and kindling. Alternatively, with decent dry wood and good kindling, an easy start is almost guaranteed using 1/4 of a SuperCedar starter.

Reactions: Adamroads77
Congrats on your property purchase and new home plans...There is a guy on the net that has a short clip starting up his Lopi Greenstart....It is little noisy but only for a short time..Startup looked very simple...I checked into it, but sadly did not have the installation dimension requirements or the extra amps to accommodate the unit....Good Luck with all....Best Wishes....

Reactions: Adamroads77