Lopi Large Flush

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

triumphtriple

Mar 9, 2022
Bucks PA
I am looking to purchase a Lopi or Fireplacex Large Flush Insert. There isn't many dealers in my area. The highly recommended dealer was $6500 for just the fireplace. The install was $1800 for a uninsulated liner. They said the insulated liner wasn't needed in my area since it doesn't get that cold(outside Philly). The install sounds fair but I have no idea on the fireplace cost but sounds really high. Did you pay? Does anyone sell online? I couldn't find anyone.

This is one of the few inserts that will fit my 47"x30" opening without a custom surround.

Correction: It was $5500 for the insert and $1800 additional for the install with uninsulated liner.

Last edited:
Ouch, I can't believe a large insert being sold for that price. Get on the phone and call around to several dealers, even if they are not in your area and get a price just for the insert. The liner price may be ok, it's hard to tell. However, the dealer is wrong about the reason for liner insulation. The primary reason is safety and to meet code. There are addtional benefits like better mild weather burning, reduced creosote accumulation, and improved draft, but the primary reason is safety.

For a better priced insert, take a look at the Osburn 3500. It has a 32"x50" surround option. That will be around $3,500.

Last edited:
My large flush was 5900 with the liner and tax. I think it was around 3500 for the insert and some for the surround.
That sounds more like it. When was it installed?

Triumph, double-check that price and make sure that $6500 is not for the full job. And ask them what code is for liner insulation.

Shop around, get more quotes, consider alternative inserts, or be patient and get it done in the summer when stove sales are slow.

Reactions: triumphtriple
Shop around, get more quotes, consider alternative inserts, or be patient and get it done in the summer when stove sales are slow.
Yeah I guess so. I called another dealer and they said just the fireplace is $5900. Shame, I really liked that model. Unfortunately, it doesn't qualify for the tax rebate, only the medium size one. Osburn is the other choice but it doesn't look as nice.

There’ve really increased prices.
Not that much! This price is out of line! And $1800 for a liner that’s not even insulated? We do insulated liners along with a stove purchase for $1K.

Not that much! This price is out of line! And $1800 for a liner that’s not even insulated? We do insulated liners along with a stove purchase for $1K.
The op got a quote from two places that were similar. I agree though that the price is ridiculous. Maybe it’s his area? Or maybe just two bad dealers.

The op got a quote from two places that were similar. I agree though that the price is ridiculous. Maybe it’s his area? Or maybe just two bad dealers.
I’m assuming they are doing huge mark ups due to shortages. Dealers can’t even get one till fall. Maybe these dealers have access to Lopi, but don’t get any pricing breaks due to low sales volume?

I was quoted $6500 ($7100 with taxes and fees) about 2 months back. The quotes were same between two dealers.

I ended up not getting it installed when they said it would cost me another $2K for the electrical work done. And if I wanted to pull permits for fireplace and electrical then another $1250. All in all it would have costed me over $10K.

C23B753D-29CB-4BCB-B9A1-549356E8D1DA.jpeg

Both dealers said it would be about 12 weeks to get it in. So it wasn't that bad considering what is going on. I am going to try ordering it from further away and picking it up. I would then have my pick of installers. Hopefully Lancaster,PA would be cheaper.

I feel a little better now, misery love company. What did you wind doing?
$10K for an insert was too much for me to digest. Especially looking at the last line of the quote which was similar from both the dealers. Also I am a first time home owner and don't know the ramifications (long term) of not pulling the permits. I think permits and follow-up inspection makes sure that the work is done right.

And last but definitely not the least was the fear of unknown, per my understanding for pulling electrical cable to the hearth could have required opening dry wall on one side of the hearth. And that was another thing that would have been added to my list of things to fix.

With all of these variables, and weeks of wait for the unit to become available, decided to forget about this project for now :)

It's high, but not as bad as for the insert. I would think that the liner price depends on the height of the chimney, difficulty, liner gauge, and perhaps include cleaning before installation?

It's high, but not as bad as for the insert. I would think that the liner price depends on the height of the chimney, difficulty, liner gauge, and perhaps include cleaning before installation?
Height makes a difference over 25’. Otherwise our price is the same typically.

I am looking to purchase a Lopi or Fireplacex Large Flush Insert. There isn't many dealers in my area. The highly recommended dealer was $6500 for just the fireplace. The install was $1800 for a uninsulated liner. They said the insulated liner wasn't needed in my area since it doesn't get that cold(outside Philly). The install sounds fair but I have no idea on the fireplace cost but sounds really high. Did you pay? Does anyone sell online? I couldn't find anyone.

This is one of the few inserts that will fit my 47"x30" opening without a custom surround.

Correction: It was $5500 for the insert and $1800 additional for the install with uninsulated liner.
For that same insert In NC I was recently quoted 7.5k for everything after tax. That’s the insert, backing plates, and insulated 35’ liner installed after tax. Some places offer a cash discount. Seems prices are only going up. Had one guy quote me $250 for Gas and travel time, granted I do live 1hr 15mins but still that scared me away from buying out of town.