Lopi Leyden impeller exhaust gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
Thought for sure i'd get hosed for a full gasket from a dealer but it only cost $6 . Now, i put that task on my to-it list. If any of you owners have changed it, please post . It was nice to know i didn't have to go to auto supply store to get the paper . Muss

Glad to see they are available and at a reasonable price, I re-installed the existing gasket once already and would not dare to try it twice. I was looking for the material to make my
own gasket but if my dealer also quotes that price I will stop right there and save myself some work. Thanks for posting this.

I've been buying old stoves and refurbishing them for the past year or so. Buying the actual gaskets from the manufacturers would be too costly at times so I searched for an alternative. I figured that the gasket material used between a boiler and its burner would be more than adequate to handle the task so I called around to local plumbing supply dealers and found it by the foot. A 1' by 3' piece costs $6 and change, and will make enough gaskets for about 6 stoves. The dealer I found it at calls it Lynn Sheet, and it looks exactly like the white gasket material you'd get from a stove dealer except you have to cut it to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.