LOPI Liberty vs Blaze King Princess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich L

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2008
Eastern,Ma.
g-mail.com
Does the Princess hold more wood than the Liberty ?

I think the Liberty has a bigger capacity but the Princess has a longer burn time (tube vs cat).

Liberty is a bad n/s loader,(I think Zap cuts his wood less than 16") this is one of the main reasons I don't have one in my house.(bought the Endeavor instead) I think the firebox in the Princess is more usable and the depth of the box is a huge plus.(6" below the door holds a lot of ash!)

rdust said:
Liberty is a bad n/s loader,(I think Zap cuts his wood less than 16") this is one of the main reasons I don't have one in my house.(bought the Endeavor instead) I think the firebox in the Princess is more usable and the depth of the box is a huge plus.(6" below the door holds a lot of ash!)

So does that mean the liberty holds more wood than the Princess or the other way around ?

According to the web sites...
Firebox on the Lopi Liberty = 3.1 cubic feet
Firebox on the BK Princess = 2.85 cubic feet

The thing to figure out is how much the cat in the Princes, and the tubes in the Liberty, get in the way of being able to fully load the stove and make full use of their cubic footage. If one is more obtrusive than the other, it may reduce the true useful capacity.

The Liberty was number 2 on my list of stoves while I was trying to figure out what stove I wanted.

fdegree said:
According to the web sites...
Firebox on the Lopi Liberty = 3.1 cubic feet
Firebox on the BK Princess = 2.85 cubic feet

The thing to figure out is how much the cat in the Princes, and the tubes in the Liberty, get in the way of being able to fully load the stove and make full use of their cubic footage. If one is more obtrusive than the other, it may reduce the true useful capacity.

The Liberty was number 2 on my list of stoves while I was trying to figure out what stove I wanted.

I ask the question when I saw a picture on the forum of a Princess with a full load of wood.It looked like the Princess had more wood in it than I could get in my Liberty.

Take it from a liberty owner, you can pack the BK princess firebox full and get a nice slow CONTROLLED burn. When you pack the liberty's firebox full on a good bed of coals you are going to get a fire like you have never seen before and a very hot stove. When you get a secondary burn started in the liberty(at least with mine) there is almost nothing you can do to stop it and it is going to burn hot and it will cook you out of the stove room in no time. Its usually between 85 and 90 in the living room with the stove which is ok because we like it hot. I'm starting to get BK fever. The thought of 12 to 24 hour burns and not getting cooked out of the house is starting to look pretty good.

Rich L said:
So does that mean the liberty holds more wood than the Princess or the other way around ?

No idea! I've never owned a Liberty only an Endeavor and the Princess. I personally feel the Princess is probably more usable. My stove measures 18x21x12.5 or so.(more room n/s once above the bricks) The height can vary greatly by how much ash you have in the bottom, shoulder season I let it build up almost to the bottom of the door so the size is reduced greatly. If I need the extra room I take a bunch of ash out so the stove only has a couple inches in the bottom. The most wood I've fit in it so far is 54lbs of mostly oak/ash and some silver maple all seasoned 3 seasons with low m/c.

Status
Not open for further replies.